Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The “Mental Game of Wieghtloss”


 

The “Mental Game of Wieghtloss”

You have heard the saying, “You are what you eat.” What I have learned from Elizabeth Keller, life coach and owner of “Life Motivations” is that, “you are what you think!” American diet focuses a lot on substitutes! Instead of not drinking soda, why not just drink “Coke Zero?”

I started the HCG program with Elizabeth skeptical I would be able to complete it or lose weight on it! A 500 calorie diet does not sound sustainable or doable! I like to eat! I “gave it a try” and I was able to lose the 20 pound goal that was set on our initial meeting that consisted of a total body comp analysis and a “what are your goals?” talk.

We looked at the body fat percentage in my body, what my metabolism was like, and exactly what I could expect to lose in a certain time on the program. The first few days I could eat whatever fatty food I wanted while giving myself HCG. Then fat was completely cut out of my diet!

It was not easy to stick to such a strict diet at first. The HCG helps curve appetite, I had low fat/calorie protein shakes to help too! I still had to change my mind to get over cravings. The one craving I did have was chocolate. I looove chocolate, we made sure I had chocolate shakes available to me and I would nibble on some 71% dark chocolate every once and a while.

What made me successful as the diet went on was the weekly meetings were I could be held accountable. The meetings also provided mind support! Where I learned to change my attitude towards what I put in my mouth! It made me take a step back and learn the difference between “wants” and “needs.”

At the end of the day, you are what you think you can be! If you can’t control your inner dialogue, you will listen to the wrong urges, and that will lead you to eat things your body doesn’t need! Slowly you will drift away from goals because your more willing to eat something bad than to take a moment to “re-train” yourself to make a different choice.
 For me, I would paint, read a book, go for a walk, instead of doing what I used to do! You cannot "change" something doing the exact same things! Elizabeth showed me that weight, just like any other life accomplishment, is a choice! There is no “secrets” or great shortcuts out there! The bottom line is eat less calories than you burn and it will happen!
 
After I started this blog and posted it on my facebook I got a lot of questions from friends about the program I am on. This is the weight loss program I chose in San Antonio, TX. Called "LifeMotivations" I lost 21 pounds effectively with Elizabeth and I am providing the contact information below in case you feel motivated to "make a change" with your body and health!
Think differently! Contact Elizabeth Keller at Life Motivations:
lifemotivations@gmail.com or call 210-704-1018

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment